Welp...one of the few recipes that we use all the time that hadn't been on this blog is this one for chocolate zucchini cake. I originally found it here, and would just link people to it...except that that whole damn site is now dead of linkrot. So....
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup liquid (water, rice milk, soy milk, or liquid of choice)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan, or two eight inch pans or a cupcake pan for 24.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, ½ cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Add one cup of liquid. Fold in the zucchini. Spread evenly into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.